Friday, August 31, 2007

Small but mighty

Four fab KIPpers held down the fort at Letizia's -- Corinne, Molly (welcome back!), Jewell, and Your Intrepid Reporter, who failed to take careful, or any, notes. I believe, however, that I can somewhat accurately relay the projects worked upon...though not even a shadow of the conversation, many parts of which made me laugh really hard. Though not the parts about surgery, so much.

Our flying fingers attracted the attention of a young woman who's a knitter herself, who lives in the neighborhood, who's free on Thursdays, and who wants to join us! Yay! Molly had the good sense to see that I got her e-mail, but I haven't yet made sure she doesn't mind seeing her name in connection with us ne'er-do-wells, so we'll wait till next time to name 'er.

So, the work in hand last night:

Molly was working on a very pretty sock, and Corinne had a collar on the needles. Their side of the table was awash in soothing shades of blue, with a bit of green (I think -- the lighting is dim) to add depth. Jewell brought one of the beautiful tops from the Rowan Bamboo Tape book. It's also in a gorgeous shade of blue.

Occupying, as I so often do, the neutral position, I tried not to mess up my second Ariann sleeve, which is in an oatmeal shade of natural. It should be finished soon. It has the same number of stitches at the cuff as the first sleeve. This was not a given last time around.

So we're back to Regularly Schedued KIPping next week, the first Thursday of the month. See you at 7! Enjoy your holiday weekend!

2 comments:

Angela said...

So sad to miss next week, as well. I'll be on a business trip. (Boo, hiss.)

Michelle said...

Hope to see some folks tonight!