Friday, August 17, 2007

KIP and cupcakes (edited)

I think any reasonable person would agree that last night was just a perfect summer KIP! Extra credit goes to whoever got there first and snagged some tables for us outside. And we ended up with an overflow crowd, which was wonderful. A recap will not capture the madcap humor that flowed freely -- you'll just have to come and experience it for yourself!*



(OK, this is where the photos were supposed to go, but I'm having trouble getting them to load. So imagine a photo of a very cute Sweet Baby D., in all his 10-week glory!) At least 10 gold stars go to Mr. Z, who had dinner with us and then took the little one home so his mother, Trope, could sit and knit as in days of yore! She was swatching with the intent, if I heard correctly, of getting some socks going.
  • Baby D. was not the only newcomer, however; also making her KIP debut was CeCe from Boston, who comes to town periodically for work, but hadn't yet been sent here on a KIP night. Come back anytime! Her Chevron sock, from Sensational Knitted Socks, was taking shape in some very cool Trekking yarn. See her blog for details on her sock-a-thon, and send good sock vibes Back East!
  • Rachel has a monkey on her back -- a Monkey Sock, that is! And technically, it's on her needles, not her back.
  • A very lucky man in San Francisco named David will, when the time is right, receive a pair of socks in a great Mountain Colors colorway from Corinne, who was whipping through Sock No. 2.
  • Bonne Marie brought a cardigan to work on, and I did, too -- sleeve two of Ariann. We're going along pretty strong, it and I.

  • Dana was making good progress on her Edie. (She would have made even more progress had I not foisted my camera upon her...and now I can't get Blogger to give me the "Done" box that apparently I need to get them to appear. I'll keep working on that, though.)
  • Michelle's Moderne Log Cabin Blanket (from Mason-Dixon Knitting) is about to leave the portability stage!
As you can see, we had a great turnout, but there's always room for more! Hope to see everyone again soon.

*Watch this space -- August has a Bonus FiFtH ThuRsDay, but some people have other commitments already. Stay tuned on whether we'll go for broke with a Bonus KIP this month! Part of me says, "Why the h. not?" Add your two cents below!

2 comments:

Cece said...

I posted my picts over on my blog! Thanks for the great time gals!

Angela said...

Sorry I missed it. I was in my tent in Michigan after a long, hot day of dyeing classes. Hope to see you all next time!